"Where the Pavement Ends and the West Begins"
The Legal Tender building was donated to the Museum in 2006. The Legal Tender was built in 1881 as the Browne and Manzanares General Store. It is Lamy's oldest surviving structure. In the 1950s it was converted into a restaurant called The Pink Garter. Around 1970 it was remodeled and renamed The Legal Tender. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. The Museum is proud to have the opportunity to preserve this venerable old building and to develop it as the home of the Museum.
*Click on the room below for more information.
Old Menus from the Restaurant
Related Internet Links
|What's New: An Online Update for Frommer's Santa Fe||Dining on Track|
|Ghost Hunt of the Legal Tender Saloon, Lamy, NM||Eldorado New Mexico Outside Santa Fe Demographics Kent Jones|
|Pecos: Back on Track||Riding the Santa Fe Southern 11/13/04|
|Southwest - Google Books Result||Welcome to the WHEELS Transportation Museun Online|
|2006 Rail Trail Fest!||RailServe.com|
Ken Bower: webmaster